The Controller position is multifaceted and influential in informing and guiding management in company performance. This role ensures that financial information is GAAP-compliant, timely, and complete; standard operating procedures are developed, maintained, and respected; company assets are secure; information and reporting is timely, accurate and meaningful to managers; and the Accounting team and related contracted resources are productive and professional. This Controller position is a key next step in the development of Finance department and will be expected to manage direct reports including, but not limited to bookkeeping, audit, tax preparation, tax counsel, and financial modeling.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- General Accounting background including knowledge of accounting software/technologies.
- Develop and/or fully implement accounting policies and procedures related to current accounting standards.
- Develop, lead, mentor and manage the bookkeeping, accounting staff, and contracted resources.
- Responsibility for all accounting related activities including cost accounting, general ledger, payroll & worker’s comp, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, capitalization policies, post accrual and adjustments, internal controls/risk management, and organization compliance.
- Review, and update as needed, Financial Systems, all interrelated platforms, and system optimization.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets (in conjunction with CFO) and Quarterly Cash Flow Projections.
- Capital Budgeting for key initiatives.
- Monthly reporting vs. Plan with variance analysis, MD&A and updated monthly forecasting.
- Manage cash flow via billings, collections, and inter-departmental collaboration.
- Extensive financial modeling and analysis.
- Timely preparation of financial reports including forecasts, budget analysis and cash flow planning.
- Analyzing financial and operating information for management to facilitate decision-making and provide input for corrective action, where applicable.
- Oversee financial management of distinct operations (business units) to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
- Prepare monthly reports that will be needed by outside accountants in order to reconcile bank accounts and prepare financials.
- Ensure that the financial records are accurate and liaise with outside firms preparing annual audits.
- Correspond effectively with the senior management (including contracted CFO) regarding financial decisions.
- Other duties as assigned in support of TEC’s programs and community engagement
- Experience with nonprofit is required, and manufacturing or retail experience is a plus.
- Strong cost control experience.
- At least 8 years in Accounting, and a minimum 3 years of experience in a Controller (or equivalent) role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; MBA preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong planning, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with US GAAP.
- Innovative/creative thinking to develop/improve organizational structure/process.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Experience in ERP migration/implementation a plus.
This position will report, in the interim, to the Contract CFO. There is also a dotted-line reporting structure to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, $75,000 – $85,000 is the target base range.
Please send an email with a resume attached to [email protected].
Please label your email subject line: CONTROLLER APPLICATION