Classic lemonade with pureed fresh strawberries for a beautiful pink color and floral aroma. Eureka lemons make the best, most lemony lemonade so ask your farmer for those! This drink is refreshing, delicious and full of vitamin C.
Seasonal Strawberry Lemonade
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pint strawberries
- Heat the water with the sugar until the sugar is melted.
- Add the lemon zest and cool the syrup.
- Wash strawberries quickly under running water, drain well, and let dry on a clean towel.
- With the tip of a small sharp paring knife, remove the stem and core of the strawberries and then cut them in quarters or eighths or slice them.
- Purée the strawberries in a blender with ¼ cup water.
- Make sure the strawberries are blended completely smooth.
- Combine cooled syrup with the lemon juice and the strawberry purée. Adjust for strength, tartness, or sweetness to your taste.
- Chill well and serve over ice.