Strawberry season is around the corner! This simple salad is a perfect way to enjoy their bounty. Make it heartier with a crumble of fresh chevre or some toasted almonds.
Strawberry & Wild Arugula Salad
2 bunches arugula
1 head frisée or mizuna lettuce
1 medium shallot
Juice of 1 medium lemon
1 tsp salt
Cracked black pepper
½ cup best quality extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
4 TBS balsamic vinegar
2 oz fresh chevre
¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Wash strawberries quickly under running water, drain well, and let dry on a clean towel.
- With the tip of a small sharp paring knife, remove the stem and core of the strawberry and then cut them in quarters or eighths or slice them, reserve in a small bowl.
- Wash and dry lettuces and chill for 30 minutes.
- Mince shallot and combine with the lemon juice, salt, honey, and balsamic.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- In a large shallow bowl or platter, arrange the greens and strawberries and drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Crumble the chevre and sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Enjoy immediately.