Save the date: May 18, 2019, Green Feast is coming to Encinitas! Our most highly anticipated event in San Juan Capistrano will also be happening at Farm Lab this year. We look forward to welcoming our community of culinary leaders, dedicated purveyors, and passionate farmers alongside our closest supporters. We welcome you to join us at the table. Tickets will be on sale soon.
2018 has been the most transformative year to date for The Ecology Center. We have many accomplishments to celebrate in our first year within the Encinitas community and school district. Together we:
- Grew over 19,000 pounds of food that nourishes the 5,400 students in the district with local, organic fruits and vegetables. Every day, students across 9 schools enjoy healthy ingredients in their school lunch grown by The Ecology Center Encinitas at Farm Lab.
- Engaged over 500 children, families, and community members in skills-building workshops, Eco-Tots children’s experiences, teacher training, and film screenings. Onsite ecological experiences inspire our community and invite them to see, touch, and taste a thriving ecosystem.
- Hosted 100 people around two Community Table dinners with local farmers and chefs to celebrate the abundance of the seasons. These educational farm dinner experiences bring our community together and inspire change for our food future.
- Volunteered alongside our Encinitas community for a combined 500 hours to plant seeds, harvest food, and tend to the land. 150 of our generous community members dug their hands in the soil and dedicated their time to serve the community and transform our ecosystem.
- Broke ground on our community courtyard, which will serve as our educational facility, celebration space, and agricultural hub.
We’re grateful to have you as our partner in this transformative journey. You helped make this possible in 2018 and we’re excited to share our future plans, and more opportunities for you to dig in with us in 2019.
More to look forward to:
- Four Community Table farm-to-table dinners will be hosted this year.
- Monthly skills-based workshops for community members, dig in with us
- Our toddler and parent events, Eco-Tots, where our next generation of farmers and leaders have hands-on experiences in our ecosystem
- Weekly volunteer days on Thursdays to garden in the farm alongside your neighbors
- Seasonal film screenings and speaker series that inspire change
Thank you for your support and participation in 2018. We look forward to seeing you at our community experiences this year!