Based in San Juan Capistrano, California, and Encinitas, California, The Ecology Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire simple solutions involving the stewardship of Southern California’s environment and food system. To fulfill this mission, we design and share ecological spaces, provide hands-on education and activities, and host inspiring experiences centered around; GROW, EAT and MAKE initiatives.
Download the full description:
The Garden Market Assistant Manager will help to maintain a 2 acre market garden dedicated to producing specialty vegetables and cut flowers for distribution through our Farm Share (CSA) program, Farm Stand, and Culinary Center Operations.
- Organic soil management practices. Preferably minimum tillage systems
- Other tasks include copywriting, photography, and event activation
- Plant propagation and green house management
- Growing cut flowers and floral arrangements
- Record keeping
- Basic or advanced Spanish language preferred
Please send your resume, cover letter and examples of your work to Johnny@theecologycenter.org.