Farm-Raised is our enrichment program for children that provides daily hands-on educational programming with the farm as the classroom. This unique program model the ethos of a one-room schoolhouse through the exploration of The Ecology Center’s agricultural village. Under the caring guidance of our village of Waldorf-inspired teachers, as well as farmers, bakers, chefs, artisans, and parents, children will experience interconnectivity, collaboration, imagination, and inspiration. Children develop a love for learning, while actively nourishing the community, catalyzing a profound and lasting change in our relationship between people and the planet.
All parents want a better world for their children. Everyone wants a healthier planet. Farm Raised empowers both these outcomes through age-appropriate programming such as:
- Nature exploration, garden and chicken care,, building with natural objects, outdoor free play
- Stories, poems, music, movement, and games
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Working alongside a farmer, chef, or maker
- Arts and crafts inspired by nature and upcycling
- Appreciative observations and conversations guided by skilled teachers
- Academic enrichment with integrated projects and activities
- Farm Raised Parent Cooperatives for ages 3-6 are offered 1 or 2 days per week, and require a shared rotation of parent presence.
- Farm Raised Home School for ages 7-8 is offered Monday through Thursday.
- Farm Raised Open Studio classes for ages 7-12 is offered Monday through Wednesday.
- Healthy snacks and lunch are provided, featuring fresh fruits and veggies from the farm and our children’s garden.