We are proud to offer our Grow, Eat, Make field trips, encouraging families and small groups to safely explore our ecological farm oasis. Our field trips aim to facilitate co-creating in building a thriving, healthy community. We want to invite our neighbors and friends to an in-depth, hands-on experience of meaningful work on our organic farm. During our field trips, families and children of all ages are welcome to take part in the beauty, collaboration, and meaningful work of our farm. Come walk in the footsteps of our designers, farmers, cultivators, seed savers, and chefs. Our field trips follow seasonal themes and mirror the delight and depth of our Field Kits.
During the field trip, families will experience the following together:
- Study and observe seeds and soil.
- Plant or save seeds, repot seedlings for plant sale.
- Tour the farm, learning about regenerative agriculture and permaculture design.
- Visit activity stations for hands-on learning highlighting our core principles; Care for the Earth, Care for People, Fairly Share Resources
- Enjoy a tasting of fresh fruits and vegetables harvested from the garden.
Families are invited to stay for a picnic lunch in the courtyard. Peace Pizza, our seasonal pop-up, is available for purchase with reservation on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Add a service element by supporting the donation of produce to food-insecure community members, with a $32 monthly contribution.