Our Grow – Eat – Make field trips serve as a community-wide encouragement to come and safely explore our eco-agricultural oasis. We invite individuals, families and small groups to join in an in-depth, hands-on experience of meaningful work on our organic farm, with the aim of fostering co-creation of a thriving, healthy community. During our field trips, participants walk in the footsteps of our designers, farmers, cultivators, seed savers, and chefs, partaking of the natural beauty and collective labor of a thoughtfully cultivated ecosystem.
Guided by the seasonal themes and depth of our Field Kits, Grow – Make – Eat Field Trips lead participants through an experience of:
- Studying and observing seeds and soil.
- Planting or saving seeds / repotting seedlings for plant sale.
- Touring the farm, learning about regenerative agriculture and permaculture design.
- Enjoying hands-on learning at activity stations that highlight our core principles: Care for the Earth, Care for People, Fairly Share Resources
- Tasting fresh fruits and vegetables harvested from the garden.
Following the Field Trip, families are invited to stay for a picnic lunch in the courtyard. Peace Pizza, our seasonal pop-up, is available for purchase with reservation on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Add a service element by supporting the donation of produce to food-insecure community members, with a $32 monthly contribution.