Launched in October of 2020, Nourishing Neighbors puts our guiding principle of “give more than you take” to practical use. This initiative serves local families that are experiencing food insecurity by providing them with simple, fresh meals crafted from our seasonal Regenerative Organic Certified™ produce.
Each week, families in our Nourishing Neighbors program receive with two 32-ounce jars of rice, beans, greens and other vegetables prepared by our culinary team. Our neighborhood deliveries also bring a selection of produce harvested that week from the farm, so that families can take their fill of their favorite fruits and vegetables.
By supporting this program with a one-time donation or a monthly sponsorship, you can play a pivotal role in ensuring that our community has the necessary ingredients to thrive. In 2021, Nourishing Neighbors provided over 44,000 pounds of healthy, locally grown food to food-insecure families in our community. Your contribution to this program provides:
- A fresh, nutritious, homemade meal for a family of four.
- A share of Regenerative Organic Certified™ produce harvested from The Ecology Center farm.
- Easy access through local curbside pickup or delivery through our partner organizations.
- The Ecology Center newsletter’s weekly collection of recipes, nutrition information, kids’ activities, and community news.
- A caring community that extends practical support in times of adversity.
We are only healthy when we are all healthy. Your donation to this vital program makes a direct impact on our food system and advances the work of building relationships that create a resilient, thriving community.