Launched in October of 2020, Nourishing Neighbors puts our guiding principle of “give more than you take” to practical use. This initiative redesigns our Farm Share Harvest Box to serve local families that are experiencing food insecurity. Along with fresh seasonal produce from The Ecology Center’s organic farm, each box includes a selection of basic pantry provisions, gathered from our farm as well as our network of local growers and artisans, that serve as the building blocks for healthy, delicious meals. Boxes are then distributed through community organizations to families who are struggling to put food on the table. By supporting this program with a one-time donation or a monthly sponsorship, you can play a pivotal role in ensuring that our community has the necessary ingredients to thrive.
In its first three months, Nourishing Neighbors provided over 8,500 pounds of healthy, locally grown food to food-insecure families in our community. Your contribution to this program provides:
- A weekly supply of organic seasonal produce harvested from The Ecology Center Farm.
- Basic kitchen ingredients such as rice and beans, onions and garlic, apples and oranges, fresh greens, tortillas, and more.
- Easy access through local curbside pickup or delivery through our partner organizations.
- The Ecology Center newsletter’s weekly collection of recipes, nutrition information, kids’ activities, and community news.
- A caring community that extends practical support in times of adversity.
We are only healthy when we are all healthy. Your donation to this vital program makes a direct impact on our food system and advances the work of building relationships that create a resilient, thriving community.