From the field to the barn, this land provides many opportunities to lend a hand. From dedicated teams and roles such as Market Garden Farm Team, Orchard Ohana, Chicken Care and Farm Share Packers, to specialized projects such as propagating, seed saving, food preservation and research projects, to all-hands-on-deck tasks like shelling beans and shucking corn, bouquet-making and recipe testing, our volunteer program welcomes support from all ability levels.
Getting involved is easy.
- Sign up for our volunteer email list. New opportunities—from one-time commitments to openings on our established teams—are announced every Sunday morning.
- RSVP to the email and list the role(s) that best fit your interest, skill and ability.
- Make sure you can definitely attend volunteer events before you RSVP. With a huge community of folks interested in helping, committing to an event without attending takes an opportunity away from someone else.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to walk the courtyard, enjoy the space, and meet your fellow volunteers.
- Introduce yourself to on-site coordinator/staff lead and fill out our volunteer application and liability form.
- After your project for the day is complete, fill out your hours here. This important step helps our team track volunteer hours. Meeting a designated number of hours establishes you as a Co-Op Member of the farm, entitling you to a discount every time you shop at the Farm Stand.
Note that every volunteer opportunity is by RSVP only, unless you are a member of one of our established teams.
- At this time, we are only welcoming volunteers age 16 and older onto the farm.
- Always wear closed-toed shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty at the farm.
- You must RSVP to attend a volunteer shift.
We are now offering volunteering for businesses and organizations! If you and your company are interested in spending a day volunteering on the farm, we would love to have you! You’ll learn about the farm and get to be a part of the work we do- whether it’s packing Farm Share boxes, planting seeds, weeding or spreading mulch in the field, saving seeds, or a different task! Come dig in by emailing [email protected].