From the field to the barn, this land provides many opportunities to lend a hand. Volunteering is available 7 days a week in a variety of areas on the farm. We have openings at our farms in San Juan Capistrano and Encinitas.
You can get involved on one of our dedicated team such as Orchard Ohana, Chicken Tenders, Nourishing Neighbors and Farm Share or pick up a few shifts helping with Peace Pizza, packing up our pantry add-ons, saving seeds, or making bouquets, or come seasonally to help with festivals and community dinners.
Getting involved is easy.
- Sign up for our volunteer email list. New opportunities—from one-time commitments to openings on our established teams—are announced every Sunday morning.
- RSVP to the email and list the role(s) that best fit your interest, skill and ability.
- Make sure you can definitely attend volunteer events before you RSVP. With a huge community of folks interested in helping, committing to an event without attending takes an opportunity away from someone else.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to walk the courtyard, enjoy the space, and meet your fellow volunteers.
- Introduce yourself to on-site coordinator/staff lead and fill out our volunteer application and liability form.
- After your project for the day is complete, you are free to go… hopefully with newfound knowledge and excitement to come back again soon!
Note that every volunteer opportunity is by RSVP only, unless you are a member of one of our established teams.
- At this time, we are only welcoming volunteers age 15 and older onto the farm.
- Always wear closed-toed shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty at the farm.
- You must RSVP to attend a volunteer shift.