How do you use your bucket?
Share with us!
Here’s 10 ways to put it to use!
At The Ecology Center, we use a bucket at least once a day. Whether it’s to wash dishes, mix up potting soil, or harvest fruit in the orchard, every home and garden deserves a tubtrug.
If you use biodegradable soap, you can also save the water from washing your hands and dishes to water the yard.
- Collect rinsewater in the kitchen sink and divert it to the garden.
- Harvest shower water while it heats up for reuse outside.
- Spot clean or hand wash laundry when you don’t have a full load.
- Hold soil, compost or mulch when at work in the garden.
- Wash up after dirty DIY projects, just add biodegradable soap and water!
- Fill it up for a backyard water feature to build habitat.
- Rinse out your wetsuit after the beach, then water your garden.
- Carry tools & materials to a community project and get to work!
- Reuse it for groceries or on harvest day to gather fruits & veggies.
- Get creative! Share how you create positive change with a bucket.