We will be accepting applications for the Eco-Design Fellowship Apprenticeship until May 1st. To receive an application, email Lauren Fieberg (email@example.com) with a brief statement of interest.
If you’re inspired to cultivate vibrant ecosystems, we want to collaborate with you.
Continue on a journey of intentional, ecological design. The Ecology Center invites students of permaculture and ecological design to deepen their knowledge and transform their communities.
Join our Eco-Design Fellowship for a deep dive into building gardens with community activation.
- Garden and Farm Management — Get hands-on experience and further your permaculture education helping manage multiple garden projects as a part of The Ecology Center team.
- Manage and maintain garden spaces under the mentorship of our experienced team of farmers and designers
- Lead demonstrations and volunteer projects
- Teaching and Facilitating — Learn how to plan and facilitate an educational offering. Become trained to represent The Ecology Center as a trained docent for workshops and more.
- Lead farm tours, field trips, skills-based workshops
- Participate in program development and evaluation
- Eco-Design — Utilize and refine your permaculture knowledge by designing household and community garden ecosystems.
- Develop skills in base mapping, zone analysis, master planning, and implementation management for residential homes, school gardens, and other public spaces
- Lead office hours design consultations at The Ecology Center
- Hands-on experience and training in permaculture, ecological design, educational programing, and communication under the mentorship by experts
- Access to The Ecology Center’s educational materials and resources
- $800 / month stipend
- 24 hours / week, weekdays and weekends (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays)
- Locations include: The Ecology Center, the Great Park, The Rainch in Laguna Beach, and school gardens throughout Orange and San Diego counties
- 3 month fellowship
Apply for the May – July Fellowship online.
Email Lauren Fieberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.