- Faucet aerator
- Low-flow showerhead
- Choosing Watersense Products Link
Want to save thousands of gallons every year but don’t know where to start? Install water reducing fixtures into your home and save easily.
We can use water wisely by performing simple retrofits in the home, most importantly, the bathroom. Did you know? Bathrooms use the more water than anywhere else in our home. Luckily, there are solutions. Installing a faucet aerator for $1 can reduce water consumption by as much as 50% and save 1000’s of gallons annually. Save money, energy, and the most precious resource of all, water.
- Consider the water fixtures currently in your home. Many new homes are built with efficient fixtures already in place. If this is the case - you’re good to go! No DIY retrofits necessary.
- If you’re home is a few or more years older - you might be due. Begin by replacing old toilets with Ultra-Low Flush Toilets (ULFTs). These use 1.6 gallons/flush or less.
- Most showerhead emit more than 2.5 gallons/minute. Replace these with low-flow models that reduce water use anywhere from 40% to 60% less water.
- Install faucet aerators on bathroom and kitchen sink faucets
- Fix leaking faucets