We are accepting applications for the Student Ambassador Internship from January 1, 2017 – January 30, 2017. To receive an application, e-mail Lauren Fieberg of The Ecology Center ([email protected]) with a short note telling us why you’re inspired to join the team.
If you’re inspired by a more vibrant future, if you’re interested in contributing towards something larger than yourself, we want to collaborate with you. Let’s build a water conscious culture.
The average American uses 1800 gallons of water per day. That’s twice the global sustainable average.
Together, we can turn this around. The Water Effect is looking to you — students, leaders of the future — to guide our communities and redesign the future.
This is a campaign to make water visible. This is a campaign for change.
Do you want to be the voice of a movement? Become a Student Ambassador to mobilize your high school towards real change.
We’re creating a pathway for high school activation and we need your help. Through mentorship with The Ecology Center’s team and other local water conservation experts, our Ambassadors will build leadership skills, tools for activation, and true community. You’ll be a part of a dynamic think tank, incubating ideas that affect change.
As an Ambassador, you will be mentored through creative problem solving and design your own campus activation. You will:
- Audit the water footprint of your school at the beginning and end of your internship.
- Collaborate as an ambassador team on a social media campaign centered around March 22, 2017 — World Water Day.
- Activate your campus and community through a long-term project.
- Share the impact of your work through social media and presentations.
- This position is an unpaid internship from January 2017 – April 2017. This project-based internship will require about 2 hours / week, in addition to monthly meet ups with mentors and peers.
- We are accepting applications for the Student Ambassador Internship from January 1, 2017 – January 30, 2017. To receive an application, e-mail Lauren Fieberg of The Ecology Center ([email protected]) with a short note telling us why you’re inspired to join the team.
- Ambassadors will be fully supported by a growing community of fellow student Ambassadors, The Ecology Center’s team, Hurley’s sustainability team, and other leaders in the water conservation movement. All ambassadors will receive free Hurley and The Ecology Center gear, as well as access to our community building tools, branded materials, leadership training, mentorship, and hands-on experience in activism. Student Ambassadors are also building a powerful experience for their resume while working closely with mentors who can provide recommendation letters for college applications.